Community Currency 2.0 is an initiative of Qoin, new economics foundation and the Transition Movement. It was supported by the British Tudor Foundation and the Dutch Doen-Foundation. The result was a support structure to assist communities to start and manage Community Currencies. It includes e-payment solutions and SMS-payments.
- Research into currency concepts and monetary design
- An advanced ‘out of the box’ ICT system based on Cyclos 3.7 and Django, containing online banking (web, sms, vouchers, app), an online market place, community building, business reporting and social media
- Administrative processes and the option to outsource the administration
- Consultancy, support and helpdesk services, coaching, trainings
- Legal advice on compliancy, taxation, social security, terms & conditions, privacy, and insurance
- A knowledge base
The project supports several demonstrations to test and disseminate the infrastructure. The demonstrations in the project were:
- The Brixton Pound in Lambeth, London
- De Makkie in Amsterdam
- Bolster in the North of the Netherlands
- The Bristol Pound in Bristol
We expect additional demonstrations in the coming years.
The ICT System CC2 is available as an open-source package. More details are on our dedicated CC2 software page.